Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Screenplay 2.0

During the most recent workshop with Steve we had the time to examine the some of the edited and refined work that the other people in the workshop have begun to come up with. My edits were not yet complete for this date so I would now see the changing of someone's original script into something new and something far different yet miraculously thr same. Cassie's piece interested me from the start. It was a piece where a man and woman in suits had a bad day at work and then race to the ends of the earth, only to kiss at the end. So much was left unsaid but the ideas and questions that rose while reading it seemed to mean more to me than actually know the entire world of these two racers. We'd spoken about shortening and about cutting what was uneccesary and from how I saw Cassie's and Elisa's work grow, I knew that all of the advice Steve gave was golden. I cannot wait to show off my work the next time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment